Saturday 9 June 2012

Thing 6

I have used Facebook for quite some time now and I like to keep it seperate from work as much as possible.  Yes my colleagues are on there & we chat when not at work etc, but I don't want to use it as a professional platform.  That is my 'fun' side of life.  I like to post silly things on there, & reply to daft posts - and some serious ones too.  I have mainly family and friends and have only added a few people I don't know on to it.

Twitter on the other hand I use for both fun and my professional life.  I've lost count of the amount of authors I'm following and some who are following me.  Plus CILIP, and book shops and reading agencies etc.  I really enjoy twitter, not so much posting, but reading it.  Plus I'm following the footballers from my team, Dr Who people etc, so I still have fun there too.  One of the people who makes me laugh the most is Philip Ardagh, children's author.  If I'm having a rough day, I look for his posts to cheer me up.  I met him at the Doncaster Book Awards a couple of weeks ago, & he's just as daft in real life! 

So do I really want to join any more social network sites?  No I'm not sure I do!  I did get a request to join Linkedlin from a colleague and Alan Gibbons a while back.  I accepted & now I can't remember my password or which email I used!  I'm not sure I actually have the time to keep tralling through so many, especially as I'm trying to do my Chartership as well (very slowly I might add).  So if it's ok with you guys I'll stick to Facebook and Twitter for now and maybe try again with Linkedlin at a later date!

2 comments:

  1. glad I'm not the only one who wants to keep social and professional separate! Facebook and Yahoo mail are for my personal life, but the new platforms I'm accessing keep trying to import all my contacts from there - really not what I want! I also haven't been back to LinkedIn since setting it up, and couldn't remember my access details - oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finally onto Linkedln, still trying to get to grips with it though!

      Delete