Friday 14 December 2012

Thing 16

Hi

Shoulder surgery has put me well behind, but never mind here we go.

I was part of the Save Doncaster Libraries group.  I attended demonstrations, wrote letters, was seen on Breakfast TV (not talking just in the background)  Did we win?  No chance.  Doncaster now has half the amount of libraries it used to have, and I'm not sure they know what a professional librarian looks like. (we have a couple left I think)  I am just so please I got out of the public library service & am now in an FE college.  Bad thing to say I know, but I could have now been out of the job I love if I'd have stayed.

I've also attended some of the Campaign for Book conferences with Alan Gibbons.  They are really inspiring.  I just wish all the uninspired people would attend, then maybe we would have more libraries instead of fewer.

It's an incredible sad time for libraries, & I just can't see where it's all going to end yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment